Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing #11: Finding Good Feeds

I tried the suggested RSS Feed search tools. Of all of them, I really just liked Google the best. I tried them all using similar search phrases for my topics of interest. It could be because of my familiarity, but I found that Google was the one who came up with feeds that were most like what I was looking to find. I was searching primarily for middle school science types of feeds. I found a couple that had some good videos of science projects that I can see using in the classroom. These would be great for showing students some of the various types of projects completed by students around the world. Though some of the blogs were, interesting, I found my self coming back to published information such as news and published articles more than individual blog posts. I guess they all have their place and time, but for me, right now, that is of most interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment