Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ONE LAST THING.........

WHEW!!! Finally....the last THING....
I am truly glad to have arrived at the end, but so glad I took the trip!

What were my favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Julie Andrews had her favorite things and these are a few of my favorite APSU 23 things....Google calendar, Animoto, Flickr, Online Image Generators and just learning to Blog. I am not sure I every would have created my own blog if not for this class.

How has this program affected my lifelong learning goals?
Way back in Thing #1, I mentioned that playing was one of the Habits that was difficult for me to do. I sometimes focus so intently on the task at hand that I forget to have fun during the process. This program definitely showed me another example of how you can have fun while learning. There were several activities that were very fun and seemed much more like play than homework. There were times when my husband took over home responsibilities so that I could work on the 23 Things and I felt really guilty for getting to "work" on them when I felt like I was just playing on the computer.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised me?
The biggest surprise was how much is out there that is free and so useful. I knew the Internet was amazing, but did not know how much web 2.0 has changed things. It seemed like every week I was telling my friends and family about something new I learned. I have said many times during this semester, that this is a class that could be taken every few years and be totally different just because technology changes so fast.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I really liked the program. The only thing I might change it to try to combine some of the items to streamline a little bit. There were a couple that were similiar enough to be able to do this without sacrificing content and learning.

How will what I have learned influence my practice as a teacher?
I will definitely use what I have learned in the classroom. There are so many educational resources to use in the classroom. The pictures and videos are wonderful resources that can be incorporated into any lesson plan. More importantly, I will not be intimidated to try to use these, and other, new tools in the classroom with students.

How do I plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that I have found to be useful.
I have already subscribed to the RSS feed for the Learning 2.1 blog. That will be a great way to keep up with new developments.

Thanks for such a great experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment