Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing #17: Tagging and Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us

I watched both of the Del.icio.us tutorials. I continue to really like the style of the Common Craft guys. They make it simple and to the point, but do it in a way that is not dull. I checked out a few of the bookmarks with APSU23things and subscribed to the RSS feed to keep up to date after this class ends. Afterward, I created an account with Del.icio.us and began to play with it some to research various topics. I really liked what I found. I have still been using my Favorites list to bookmark Internet sites of interest, but Del.icio.us takes that to a new level. I love that it is not computer specific, which makes doing work from school, home, and work seamless. I also like the social networking aspect. This really helps to weed through sites to get to the more useful ones. I can see where this could be used in the classroom to guide students through appropriate research. I plan to use this when writing my Assistive Technology paper this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment