Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing #22: Podcasts: No iPod Needed!

I used Podcastalley.com to find a podcast of interest. It was very user friendly and did not require download or password to listen to the podcasts. I found a podcast I liked called Bytesize Science. I actually found it in the Kids and Family section of Podcastalley. It is an educational podcast designed for young listeners from the American Chemical Society (ACS). It translates scientific discoveries from scientific journals into interesting stories for kids. I found podcasts to be very interesting and can see where they would be a useful resource in the classroom. Though this activity did not inspire me to create my own podcast, it did interest me enough to subscribe for future listening.

The following podcast is one I found interesting and I think students would enjoy:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BytesizeScience/~5/z46oS9i9ksI/Ep38_ChickenFeathers_4-8-09.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment