Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thing #16: Get Organized with Web 2.0 Tools


I created an iGoogle home page. I chose that because I already have a Google account and the setup was very easy. I found it easy to customize and set up just the way I needed it to be. I definitely plan to make that my permanent home page. I really wish I would have done this sooner. It will be very useful to have all the the information that is important to me in one place when I need it and updated daily. I have never done this, because I simply have not taken the time to see what is out there to make my life easier. As I have mentioned before, I REALLY like the Google calendar and I added that to my home page first thing! This has already been so useful and I already have big plans to do more. I also added the "to-do list" gadget to my home page just as a visual reminder. I also investigated some of the other tools for list management that were a little more complex. I want to look into those some more, but think they will go hand in hand with Google calendar to improve my productivity and organization. The mobile phone notification and management for tasks and lists are what I am very interested in learning more about. Did I mention that I love Google calendar?! Thanks Dr. Wall!!! I will definitely recommend it to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment